Morgan Basement Waterproofing can remove mold from your home.

Morgan Basement Waterproofing can remove mold from your home.


Do you know how to spot mold in your bathroom and how to remove mold from your home?

  1. 1

    Is Your House Excessively Humid? A relative humidity level greater than 55% promotes mold growth. Use a humidifier with relative humidity controls. If you suspect your humidity levels are high than use a de-humidifier. Outdoor ventilation from appliances such as bathroom fans, dryer, and kitchen exhaust is optimal in reducing humidity levels. In addition, try to limit wet materials in the house such as indoor clotheslines. Check Your Basements or crawl spaces- these areas have higher humidity than the rest of the house and are often neglected areas

  2. 2

    Be Alert of Stains that appear yellowish which indicate excessive moisture in the air:
    Look for stains on the window sill or window case, fogged up windows, stains on the roof line or the roof eaves, stained stucco, stains behind wallpaper or faded wallpaper. Pull up a corner of the carpet and look for any stains there. Check the dust in the HVAC return air vents and check for stains in grouting.

  3. 3

    Take Note of Any Water Intrusion and Look for Signs Around Those Areas: Water and pipe leaks and flooding particularly when they lead to dampness for long periods of time are potential invitations for mold and other fungi growth.
    A roof that leaks or a basement flood may be detected by stains on the basement walls, attic ceilings or the ceiling on the top floor.

  4. 4

    Excessive moisture in the air can cause dry wall to bow out, the nail heads to rust through and the paint to being to peel off. Peeling or cracked paint is an excellent place for mold to grow inside the wall.

  5. 5

    Be Aware of Unusual Odors: Mildew and Musty Odors can be a sign of mold in places that are not visible.

  6. 6

    Take Note of Greater Incidence of Allergies or Respiratory Illnesses by Residents
    Those who suffer from allergies or have a history of respiratory problems are especially sensitive to mold. Take note if you’ve experienced greater incidence of allergies and respiratory problems associated with being in the house.

  7. 7

    Note Signs of Toxic Poisoning:
    Toxic poisoning happens with fungi that produces Volatile Organic Compounds like black mold. It can cause headaches, dizziness, difficulty in concentrating and a short attention span.

About Morgan Basement Waterproofing